Monday, December 19, 2011

One day at a time

Its crazy the ups and downs that one can experience in a single day as a mother. Thankfully today was mostly ups. I am feeling better. Much less "funky" than I have been lately which is a great and welcome change. I think Chris being back on normal shirt and him being home this last weekend made a huge difference. However I do find it funny that as grateful as we both were for him to be home, we also had a hard time transitioning into what it's like. We snapped at each other, were short with each other and basically had alot of "reset" moments. Maybe one day I will explain the reset button. But we are used to these types of transitions when he is gone for awhile or on crazy shifts. It's to be expected and we survived.
Thankfully we had sex. I am not going to turn this blog into a racy detail filled look into our sex life, however I think it is important to make sure that during this whole thing to make sure we keep our intimacy center stage as possible. Over the last month, I have been so blue and funky where all I wanted was to be held by him and have that connection, but I also couldn't stand him touching me. Those moments were thankfully few and far between, but they were there. So I am glad that the first chance we got, we were able to have some time alone together and it didn't just turn in to us passing out instantly.
The girls are doing so amazing. I can't believe how fast they grow and it's only been 4 months. Tonight Izzy was miserable from some medicine we gave her and she actually let me rock her to sleep while laying on my chest. That hasnt happened since they were probably 2 months old. Now for some people that two month gap might not be anything, but to me it's such a long time since I was able to cuddle with one of my girls and it was incredible. That is how to end a good day. Even with all the screaming and crying, having one of my beauties asleep on my chest is definitely how to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment